Words of Wisdom
Today I wanted to share some words of wisdom for you to reflect on and think about how you can apply these words of wisdom or life lessons to realize your true potential in life and the gym.
1. It only takes 1 second to decide you are going to change, then you have the rest of your life to stick to it.
2. Don’t train so you can eat; eat so you can train.
3. Don’t rely on motivation. Motivation comes and goes and can never be depended on to answer your 6am wake-up call. Rely on discipline.
4. The power of routine is that it helps you to focus on what is important. Life is filled with constant distractions, competing for your attention and time. If you just freestyle every day, very soon you will find yourself off course.
5. Think about what it took to learn how to walk. You would try, fail and try, try again until you succeeded. Apply this mindset to any goal you want to achieve and you will make it happen.
6. We must fail in order to learn, grow and get better! If we constantly succeed there is less drive to push harder, learn from our mistakes and put in the extra work necessary to take our abilities to the next level.
7. Stop dieting and exercising. Start eating and training.
8. If you really want to make progress in ANYTHING, in the gym or even in life, you must first PRIORITIZE your goals and then start at the top of the list.
9. Before obsessing over which pre-workout supplement or exotic herb to take, make sure you have covered the basics – natural food, lots of water and sleep.
10. Take inventory of all the blessings in your life and spend a little time appreciating how lucky you are.
Have an amazing week everyone!