Did you know:
1) Obesity rates have MORE THAN DOUBLED since 1980.
2) There are as many overweight people alive as there were TOTAL PEOPLE ALIVE ~100 years ago.
3) More than 40 million children UNDER 5 are overweight.
4) Obesity is now the #1 health concern among parents, TOPPING DRUGS & SMOKING.
5) The rate of diabetes and pre-diabetes has INCREASED ABOUT 100,000% in the last 100 years.
6) Diet related diseases have OVERTAKEN TOBACCO AS THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH.
7) Obesity is shortening average life spans more than accidents, homicides and suicides COMBINED.
8) About ONE IN THREE kids are overweight or obese.
9) Overweight kids have a 70% chance of struggling with excess fat FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.
10) Thanks to the obesity and diabetes epidemics, for the first time in history, today's children are
EXPECTED TO DIE AT A YOUNGER AGE THAN THEIR PARENTS.
I believe we have a moral obligation to stop this, and I promise you two-thirds of us did not spontaneously become lazy gluttons.
I can assure you that those 40 million overweight children under the age of 5 do NOT need to diet harder.
There's a lot more going on here biologically than we're led to believe.
This is about so much more than weight loss.
It's definitely not about starving ourselves and spending hours on stair-steppers.
It's not about dangerous pills, injections, or cleanses.
It's about proven biology and common sense. It's about empowering others as we heal ourselves. It's about eating more and exercising less—smarter.
We don't use the same computers we used decades ago.
We don't fly in the same planes we flew in decades ago.
So why are we being taught the same disproven nutrition and exercise theories we were taught decades ago?
I know you are tired of myths and eating disorder inducing marketing...thank you for not starving yourself or spending your life on a treadmill.
Thank you for proving that we can eat more, burn more, and smile more!
Together we can save lives while simplifying slim and making "healthy" healthy again.
See exactly what I'm talking about and how sugar is the new smoking in this 7 minute SANE TED talk.